Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the libata tree

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:06:11 -0500

On 02/23/2012 10:08 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Jeff, Matthew,
>
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:27:40 +1100 Stephen Rothwell<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>
>> After merging the libata tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
>> ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:
>>
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:133:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_bind_dock' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:134:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_unbind_dock' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:132:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_unregister' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:132:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_unregister' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:133:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_bind_dock' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:134:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_unbind_dock' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:132:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_unregister' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:133:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_bind_dock' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:134:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_unbind_dock' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:132:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_unregister' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:133:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_bind_dock' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>> drivers/ata/libata.h:134:13: warning: 'ata_acpi_unbind_dock' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>>
>> Introduced by commits 75d22cd567ca ("libata: Bind the Linux device tree
>> to the ACPI device tree") and c9df614ade0e ("libata: Add links between
>> removable devices and docks").
>
> Ping?

A build fix and oops fix were both just pushed out.

	Jeff