Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 8 (printk)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 09:24:25 -0700

On 05/08/2012 01:15 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> There will be no linux-next tomorrow.
> 
> Changes since 20120507:

Build errors on i386 and x86_64 when CONFIG_PRINTK is not enabled:

drivers/char/mem.c:858:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'printk_emit'

kernel/printk.c:1423:20: error: 'LOG_LINE_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/printk.c:1427:3: error: 'logbuf_lock' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/printk.c:1428:19: error: 'log_next_seq' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/printk.c:1433:21: error: 'log_first_seq' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/printk.c:1436:18: error: 'log_first_idx' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/printk.c:1442:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'log_from_idx'
kernel/printk.c:1442:7: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
kernel/printk.c:1443:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
kernel/printk.c:1444:12: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
kernel/printk.c:1447:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'log_text'
kernel/printk.c:1450:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'log_next'
kernel/printk.c:1711:3: error: 'logbuf_lock' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/printk.c:1712:17: error: 'syslog_seq' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/printk.c:1713:17: error: 'syslog_idx' undeclared (first use in this function)

-- 
~Randy