Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 18 (edac)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 19:16:07 -0700

On 05/18/2012 01:49 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> Changes since 201205017:

on i386:

lots of build errors for the attached randconfig file.

E.g.:

drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c: In function 'i82875p_probe1':
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:424:3: error: label 'fail0' used but not defined
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:405:28: warning: unused variable 'discard'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c: At top level:
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:427:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'do'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:427:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'while'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:428:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:429:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:430:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:431:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:432:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:433:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:434:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:435:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:436:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:437:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:438:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'do'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:438:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'while'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:439:2: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:439:2: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'pvt'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:439:30: error: 'mci' undeclared here (not in a function)
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:440:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:441:5: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '->' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:442:2: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:442:2: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'i82875p_init_csrows'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:442:2: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:442:2: error: conflicting types for 'i82875p_init_csrows'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:347:13: note: previous definition of 'i82875p_init_csrows' was here
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:443:30: error: expected ')' before '&' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:448:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'if'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:454:2: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:454:2: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'i82875p_pci'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:454:2: error: conflicting types for 'i82875p_pci'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:185:34: note: previous declaration of 'i82875p_pci' was here
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:454:45: error: 'pdev' undeclared here (not in a function)
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:455:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'if'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:465:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'do'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:465:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'while'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:466:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'return'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:468:6: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before ':' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:471:6: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before ':' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:473:2: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:473:2: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'pci_release_regions'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:473:2: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:473:2: error: conflicting types for 'pci_release_regions'
include/linux/pci.h:913:6: note: previous declaration of 'pci_release_regions' was here
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:475:2: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:475:2: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'pci_disable_device'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:475:2: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:475:2: error: conflicting types for 'pci_disable_device'
include/linux/pci.h:797:6: note: previous declaration of 'pci_disable_device' was here
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:477:2: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'return'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:478:1: error: expected identifier or '(' before '}' token
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c: In function 'i82875p_remove_one':
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:508:3: warning: passing argument 1 of 'edac_pci_release_generic_ctl' makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/edac/edac_core.h:499:13: note: expected 'struct edac_pci_ctl_info *' but argument is of type 'int'
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c: At top level:
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:185:34: warning: 'i82875p_pci' defined but not used
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:262:13: warning: 'i82875p_check' defined but not used
drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c:347:13: warning: 'i82875p_init_csrows' defined but not used

-- 
~Randy