Subject: Re: [PATCH] MFD: twl6040: Update Kconfig to avoid build breakage

From: Peter Ujfalusi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 11:51:55 +0300

Hi Samuel,

On 06/08/2012 11:30 AM, Samuel Ortiz wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> 
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 09:35:00AM +0300, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
>> twl6040 needs CONFIG_IRQ_DOMAIN to compile, without this we have:
>> drivers/mfd/twl6040-irq.c: In function 'twl6040_irq_init':
>> drivers/mfd/twl6040-irq.c:164:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'irq_domain_add_legacy'
>> drivers/mfd/twl6040-irq.c:165:11: error: 'irq_domain_simple_ops' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> drivers/mfd/twl6040-irq.c:165:11: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
>>
>> Reported by: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
>>
>> At the same time limit the twl6040 availability to ARM architecture since
>> it is unlikely that this chip is going to be used on other architectures.
> Right, but you're losing a lot of the linux-next build coverage.
> With a dependency on ARM, we may have missed the above build error for
> example. Would you mind removing that dependency ?

Yes. True that we miss some coverage due to depending on ARM here. I did
missed this since when I build for OMAP the IRQ_DOMAIN is selected by OF,
which is selected by OMAP. Even if I use randconfig for ARM I would not
noticed this since AFAIK ARM selects IRQ_DOMAIN also...

I'll resend in a minute without the ARM dependency.

-- 
Péter