Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for July 25 (mfd/arizona)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:19:59 -0700

On 07/24/2012 09:30 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> 
> Changes since 20120724:
> 
> 
> The mfd tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree.

on i386 and x86_64:

CONFIG_MFD_ARIZONA=y
CONFIG_MFD_ARIZONA_I2C=m
CONFIG_MFD_CORE=m

drivers/built-in.o: In function `arizona_dev_init':
(.devinit.text+0x3ab0): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `arizona_dev_init':
(.devinit.text+0x3fdc): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `arizona_dev_init':
(.devinit.text+0x3fff): undefined reference to `mfd_add_devices'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `arizona_dev_init':
(.devinit.text+0x4059): undefined reference to `mfd_remove_devices'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `arizona_dev_exit':
(.devexit.text+0x9): undefined reference to `mfd_remove_devices'

because MFD_ARIZONA is bool, so builtin, while MFD_CORE=m,
so the builtin code cannot call the loadable module code.

Full randconfig file is attached.

> -- 

~Randy