Subject: Re: mmotm 2012-10-22-17-08 uploaded (printk build errors)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:22:21 -0700

On 10/22/2012 05:09 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> The mm-of-the-moment snapshot 2012-10-22-17-08 has been uploaded to
> 
>    http://www.ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/
> 
> mmotm-readme.txt says
> 
> README for mm-of-the-moment:
> 
> http://www.ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/
> 
> This is a snapshot of my -mm patch queue.  Uploaded at random hopefully
> more than once a week.
> 

on i386, when CONFIG_PRINTK is not enabled:

note:  some of these build errors could result from my use of
-sik (keep going, ignore build errors).

case 1.  CONFIG_TTY_PRINTK=y, CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y

see config-r8272

kernel/printk/printk.c:723:0: warning: "PRINTK_LOG_LINE_MAX" redefined
kernel/printk/printk.c:724:0: warning: "PRINTK_PREFIX_MAX" redefined
kernel/printk/printk.c:723:0: warning: "PRINTK_LOG_LINE_MAX" redefined
kernel/printk/printk.c:724:0: warning: "PRINTK_PREFIX_MAX" redefined
kernel/printk/devkmsg.c:74:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'printk_emit'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:23:5: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_register'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:52:5: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_unregister'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:81:6: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:132:6: error: conflicting types for 'kmsg_dump_get_line_nolock'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:181:6: error: conflicting types for 'kmsg_dump_get_line'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:214:6: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_get_buffer'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:304:6: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_rewind_nolock'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:320:6: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_rewind'
printk_log.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `printk_log_from_idx'
printk_log.c:(.text+0x10): multiple definition of `printk_log_next'
kernel/printk/printk_log.o:(.bss+0x8): multiple definition of `printk_log_first_seq'
kernel/printk/printk_log.o:(.bss+0x10): multiple definition of `printk_log_first_idx'
kernel/printk/printk_log.o:(.bss+0x18): multiple definition of `printk_log_next_seq'

case 2.  CONFIG_TTY_PRINTK=n, CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=n

see config-r8274

kernel/printk/printk.c:723:0: warning: "PRINTK_LOG_LINE_MAX" redefined
kernel/printk/printk.c:724:0: warning: "PRINTK_PREFIX_MAX" redefined
kernel/printk/devkmsg.c:74:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'printk_emit'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:23:5: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_register'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:52:5: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_unregister'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:81:6: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:132:6: error: conflicting types for 'kmsg_dump_get_line_nolock'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:181:6: error: conflicting types for 'kmsg_dump_get_line'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:214:6: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_get_buffer'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:304:6: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_rewind_nolock'
kernel/printk/kmsg_dump.c:320:6: error: redefinition of 'kmsg_dump_rewind'
printk_log.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `printk_log_from_idx'
printk_log.c:(.text+0x10): multiple definition of `printk_log_next'
kernel/printk/printk_log.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `printk_log_first_seq'
kernel/printk/printk_log.o:(.bss+0x8): multiple definition of `printk_log_first_idx'
kernel/printk/printk_log.o:(.bss+0x10): multiple definition of `printk_log_next_seq'

-- 
~Randy