Subject: Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commits in the net-next tree

From: Sven Eckelmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 08:37:27 +0200

On Saturday, 21 August 2021 05:08:15 CEST Stephen Rothwell wrote:
[...]
>   71d41c09f1fa ("batman-adv: Move IRC channel to hackint.org")

Something went wrong here. The tag
https://git.open-mesh.org/linux-merge.git/tag/refs/tags/batadv-next-pullrequest-20210820 [1]
has this version of the patch:
https://git.open-mesh.org/linux-merge.git/commit/3baa9f522a0cad3cd8a45f4a5b85c3694cece672. 
And it seems like it has the correct Signed-off-by: and the patchwork-bot 
informed us that it was merged [2]

But it seems like 815cc21d8d2e47c2d00caf3cd4cddcf0b5b07292 merged [3] 
refs/tags/batadv-next-pullrequest-20210819 - an older version where we 
forgot this Signed-off-by (and Jakub informed us about it [4]).

Kind regards,
	Sven

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/patch/[email-masked]/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
[3] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git/commit/?id=815cc21d8d2e47c2d00caf3cd4cddcf0b5b07292
[4] https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/