Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 10 (vmci)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:17:10 -0800

On 01/09/13 19:32, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> Changes since 20130109:

on i386, when CONFIG_PCI is not enabled:

  CC [M]  drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.o
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:58:20: error: array type has incomplete element type
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c: In function 'vmci_enable_msix':
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:384:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_enable_msix' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c: In function 'vmci_guest_probe_device':
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:466:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'pcim_enable_device' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:592:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_enable_msi' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:654:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_disable_msix' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:656:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_disable_msi' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[4]: *** [drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.o] Error 1

Should all of vmci depend on PCI ??

-- 
~Randy