Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 10 (vmci)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:28:13 -0800

On 01/10/13 11:17, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 01/09/13 19:32, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Changes since 20130109:
>>
> 
> 
> on i386, when CONFIG_PCI is not enabled:
> 
>   CC [M]  drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.o
> drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:58:20: error: array type has incomplete element type
> drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c: In function 'vmci_enable_msix':
> drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:384:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_enable_msix' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c: In function 'vmci_guest_probe_device':
> drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:466:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'pcim_enable_device' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:592:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_enable_msi' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:654:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_disable_msix' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.c:656:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'pci_disable_msi' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> make[4]: *** [drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_guest.o] Error 1
> 
> 
> Should all of vmci depend on PCI ??
> 
> 

Also on i386, when CONFIG_BLOCK is not enabled:

  CC [M]  drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.o
In file included from drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:16:0:
include/linux/device-mapper.h:48:56: warning: 'struct bio' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:48:56: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:50:13: warning: 'struct request' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:61:15: warning: 'struct bio' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:64:15: warning: 'struct request' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:80:15: warning: 'struct bvec_merge_data' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:92:12: warning: 'struct queue_limits' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:265:13: error: field 'clone' has incomplete type
include/linux/device-mapper.h: In function 'dm_bio_get_target_request_nr':
include/linux/device-mapper.h:280:9: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h: At top level:
include/linux/device-mapper.h:376:42: warning: 'struct request' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:563:33: warning: 'struct request' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:564:41: warning: 'struct request' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/linux/device-mapper.h:565:38: warning: 'struct request' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c: In function 'qp_alloc_ppn_set':
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:476:6: error: implicit declaration of function 'kmalloc' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:475:15: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:480:15: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:483:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'kfree' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c: In function 'qp_host_alloc_queue':
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:619:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'kzalloc' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:619:8: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c: In function 'qp_release_pages':
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:717:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'page_cache_release' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c: In function 'qp_guest_endpoint_create':
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:975:8: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c: In function 'qp_alloc_hypercall':
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:1033:12: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c: In function 'qp_broker_create':
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:1396:8: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:1450:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'kcalloc' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:1450:20: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c: In function 'vmci_qpair_alloc':
drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.c:2866:11: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [drivers/misc/vmw_vmci/vmci_queue_pair.o] Error 1

Should all of vmci depend on BLOCK?

Add this line to its Kconfig file?
	depends on PCI && BLOCK

?

-- 
~Randy