Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the tip tree

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:34:26 -0800

On 02/13/2013 08:25 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the akpm tree got a conflict in
> kernel/timeconst.pl between commit 63a3f603413f ("timeconst.pl: Eliminate
> Perl warning") from the tip tree and commit "timeconst.pl: remove
> deprecated defined(@array)" from the akpm tree.
>
> These both fix the same problem, I arbitrarily chose the akpm tree version.
>

I should try to resurrect the bc version (which doesn't need the canning 
junk, bc being the POSIX tool for arbitrary-precision arithmetic.) 
There was an error on one of akpm's machines long ago which confused the 
bcrap out of us, because bc hadn't changed, but recently someone pointed 
to a bug in *make* (relating to pipes) from around that era which would 
have explained (a) the failure, and (b) why it only hit one box even 
though bc was the exact same version.
	
	-hpa

-- 
H. Peter Anvin, Intel Open Source Technology Center
I work for Intel.  I don't speak on their behalf.