Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 28 (dm-cache)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:51:48 -0800

On 02/27/13 18:27, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Please do not add any work destined for v3.10 to your -next included
> branches until after Linus has release v3.9-rc1.
> 
> Changes since 20130227:
> 
> The device-mapper tree gained a build failure for which I applied a patch.
> 

on x86_64 or i386 (but one more symbol error on i386):

ERROR: "dm_get_cell" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_bio_prison_free_cell" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_deferred_entry_dec" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_bio_prison_destroy" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_cell_release" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_deferred_entry_inc" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_bio_prison_alloc_cell" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_cell_release_no_holder" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "__udivdi3" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_deferred_set_destroy" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_deferred_set_add_work" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_bio_prison_create" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_deferred_set_create" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dm_bio_detain" [drivers/md/dm-cache.ko] undefined!
make[2]: *** [__modpost] Error 1

Full randconfig file is attached.

Also, drivers/md/Kconfig contains "select DM_PRISON" but there is no
DM_PRISON defined anywhere that I can find...

-- 
~Randy