Subject: Re: [RFC -next] linux/linkage.h: fix symbol prefix handling

From: James Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 09:15:37 +0000

Hi Rusty,

On 08/03/13 00:03, Rusty Russell wrote:
> James Hogan <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Also the definition of SYMBOL_PREFIX in <linux/kernel.h> is removed as
>> it conflicts, isn't used anywhere, and is defined as a string so differs
>> from the assembly definition.
> 
> So now, if CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIX, SYMBOL_PREFIX is defined on the cmdline
> as a string.  Otherwise it's empty (not the empty string?):

No, SYMBOL_PREFIX is now defined as a non-string, same as asm files, but
the now unused definition in linux/kernel.h did define it as a string as
it used CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIX which is a string. When I said "and is
defined as a string" I was referring to the one in linux/kernel.h that
this removes.

Does that make sense? It's all a bit messy unfortunately (hence RFC).

Cheers
James