Subject: Re: USB-related build errors on Tegra in next-20130319

From: Stephen Warren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:51:49 -0600

On 03/20/2013 10:45 AM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:39:11AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
>> On 03/20/2013 06:20 AM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
...
>> The patch you gave fixes the Kconfig warnings, but not the build
>> failure.
...
>> For now, I think the correct solution is to have USB_EHCI_TEGRA
>> select USB_PHY. I validated that solves the build problem, and
>> has the bonus of not needing any changes to tegra_defconfig.
...
> Alright, do you want to send that patch ? My bad that I missed
> that build error...

Sure. Do you want to roll it into your patch and repost it, or me to
send a separate patch?

I assume you'd apply both to the same branch that contains the patches
that add the USB_PHY config option? If the arch/arm patch gets applied
to the Tegra tree instead, it'll cause breakage there since USB_PHY
won't exist yet, so USB will be disabled until merged with the USB
tree in 3.10-rc1.