Subject: Re: GENERIC_GPIO considered deprecated

From: Romain Naour <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 23:07:16 +0100

Le 21/03/2013 03:15, Alexandre Courbot a écrit :
> Hi Romain,
>
> I have submitted a series of patches that deprecates the use of
> GENERIC_GPIO as a first step towards the consolidation of GPIO around
> gpiolib. The goal of this set of to remove all "select GENERIC_GPIO"
> instances and it should be merged into linux-next starting from today.
>
> I noticed that your patch "ARM: S3C24XX: Add samsung-time support for
> s3c24xx" adds two new selections of GENERIC_GPIO - would you mind
> changing them to "select ARCH_REQUIRE_GPIOLIB" for consistency with my
> change? The result should be the same on your side.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex.
>

Hi Alex,

When I read your mail, I was surprised that you were speaking about 
GPIOs, my pathes for samsung CPUs are intended for timer sub-system.

As you can see in this thread, when I send my patches "ARM: S3C24XX: Add 
samsung-time support for s3c24xx" and "Add samsung-time support for 
s5pc100". They didn't add "select GENERIC_GPIO".
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.samsung-soc/13432/focus=14980
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.samsung-soc/13432/focus=14982

There is something wrong with the commit, I see that "select 
GENERIC_GPIO" was added in my patches by mistake.

I recommend you to speak directly with samsung's kernel maintainer that 
I CC in this mail.

Regards,
Romain Naour