Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the wireless-next tree

From: Larry Finger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 20:17:01 -0500

On 04/03/2013 08:04 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 12:00:43 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> After merging the wireless-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
>> allmodconfig) produced this warning:
>>
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>> x86_64-linux-gcc: warning: drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi: linker input file unused because linking not done
>>
>> I have no idea what caused that.
>
> Though I suspect commit 8b138d4898a0 ("rtlwifi: rtl8188ee: Enable build
> of new driver") - I wonder if the gap between the "-I" and
> "drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi" added to ccflags-y is the cause?
>
> I am using gcc 4.6.3 if that matters.

I use 4.7.2.

I'll send a patch with the space removed to see if that helps.

Larry