Subject: Re: hangs on boot in 9984d7394618df9

From: Stephen Warren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 16:17:17 -0600

On 04/08/2013 03:48 PM, Al Viro wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 10:23:27PM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 03:52:08PM -0500, Nathan Zimmer wrote:
>>
>>> Further digging seems to indicate 9984d7394618df9, the one right
>>> after the commit I previously identified.
>>> Not sure what I did wrong with my bisect to put it off by one.
>>
>> Ugh...  Can't reproduce here ;-/  Could you give more details on your
>> setup?
> 
> Anyway, I've just pushed a splitup of that commit (carved in 3 pieces)
> into vfs.git#pipe-splitup; could you check which part triggers that
> hang?  Should propagate in a few...

It looks like "pipe: unify ->release() and ->open()" introduces the
problem. Note that I had to add a prototype for fifo_open() before the
structs that reference it for that commit to compile.