Subject: Re: Tegra 30 System hangs because of commit "pinctrl: move subsystem mutex to pinctrl_dev struct"

From: James Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:48:36 +0100

On 29/04/13 19:15, Bryan Wu wrote:
> Hi Patrice and Linus,
> 
> I'm running linux-next on my Tegra 30 system everyday. But since
> next-20130426 release, the linux-next kernel will hang on my Tegra 30
> boards like Cardhu and Beaver.
> 
> After some bisect and comparing to next-20130424, I found the commit
> "pinctrl: move subsystem mutex to pinctrl_dev struct" introduced this
> issue. If I simply revert this patch in next-20130429, system boots up
> as before.
> 
> Could you please help to check this?

I spent a while tracking this one down today too, then found it was
already fixed. See the patch "[PATCH, for-next] pinctrl: fix mutex
deadlock in get_pinctrl_dev_from_of_node()" from Daniel Mack.

Cheers
James