Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the wireless-next tree with the wireless tree

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 11:17:57 +0200

On Fri, 2023-03-31 at 10:49 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the wireless-next tree got a conflict in:
> 
>   net/mac80211/rx.c
> 
> between commit:
> 
>   a16fc38315f2 ("wifi: mac80211: fix potential null pointer dereference")
> 
> from the wireless tree and commit:
> 
>   fe4a6d2db3ba ("wifi: mac80211: implement support for yet another mesh A-MSDU format")
> 
> from the wireless-next tree.

Thanks for the heads-up. I sort of expected this, but didn't want to do
a merge or wireless into wireless-next before it was pulled, maybe I
should've staggered the pull requests, but you would've seen the merge
issue anyway.

Anyway, I've now pulled wireless into wireless-next, so you might
continue seeing this issue (*) if you merge net/net-next before merging
wireless-next, but it'll be completely resolved when we send the next
pull request to net-next (next week).

Thanks!

(*) and another one in nl80211 policy, I think?

joahnnes