Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 30 (brcmfmac)

From: "Arend van Spriel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:21:15 +0200

On 08/31/13 19:37, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Randy Dunlap<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> This bool kconfig symbol:
>>
>> config BRCMFMAC_SDIO
>>          bool "SDIO bus interface support for FullMAC driver"
>>          depends on MMC
>>
>> allows BRCMFMAC_SDIO to be y even when MMC=m.
>>
>> Is there a reasonable solution to this?

Actually, BRCMFMAC should be built in same form as the MMC and/or USB, 
but only when BRCMFMAC_SDIO or BRCMFMAC_USB are selected.

So valid combinations are:
MMC=m, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=m, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=y, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=m, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=n => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=m, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=n, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m|y
MMC=y, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=n => BRCMFMAC=m|y
MMC=y, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=n, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=y, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m|y
MMC=y, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=n => BRCMFMAC=m|y
MMC=y, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=n, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m|y

Not sure how to express the above.

Gr. AvS

> In order of preference:
> 1. Make it tristate
> 2. depends on MMC=y
>
> However, the first solution cannot be used as there are several
> "#ifdef CONFIG_BRCMFMAC_SDIO" in the code itself.
>
> Note that there's a similar issue with BRCMFMAC_USB and USB.
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
>                          Geert
>
> --
> Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email-masked]
>
> In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
> when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
>                                  -- Linus Torvalds
>