Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree with the tree

From: Dave Kleikamp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:04:57 -0600

On 11/07/2013 01:25 PM, Kent Overstreet wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 01:20:26PM -0600, Dave Kleikamp wrote:

>> I ended up replacing a call to bio_iovec_idx() with __bvec_iter_bvec()
>> since the former was removed. It's not very elegant, but it works. I'm
>> open to suggestions on a cleaner fix, but it can wait until one or both
>> of these trees is merged.
> 
> No, that's definitely wrong. Read Documentation/block/biovecs.txt - you
> need to use either the new bio_iovec() or bio_iovec() iter. I can do the
> conversion later today.

Stephen,
Can you please drop the aio-direct tree for the time being?

My stuff is not aligning very well with the immutable biovecs and Kent
has a different approach in mind. I'll be working with him on a
replacement that will hopefully be simpler.

Thanks,
Shaggy