Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 14 (media/pci/ttpci/av7110_ir.c)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:33:51 -0800

On 02/13/2014 09:28 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> If you see failures in building this tree due to missing declarations of
> k..alloc/free, then it may be caused by commit 2bd59d48ebfb ("cgroup:
> convert to kernfs").  Please send Tejun Heo <[email-masked]> a patch
> adding an inclusion of linux/slab.h to the appropriate file(s).
> 
> This tree fails (more than usual) the powerpc allyesconfig build.
> 
> Changes since 20140213:
> 

on i386:

when
CONFIG_DVB_AV7110=y
CONFIG_INPUT=m
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=m

drivers/built-in.o: In function `input_sync':
av7110_ir.c:(.text+0x247276): undefined reference to `input_event'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `av7110_emit_key':
av7110_ir.c:(.text+0x247308): undefined reference to `input_event'
av7110_ir.c:(.text+0x24731e): undefined reference to `input_event'
av7110_ir.c:(.text+0x247384): undefined reference to `input_event'
av7110_ir.c:(.text+0x247399): undefined reference to `input_event'
drivers/built-in.o:av7110_ir.c:(.text+0x2473da): more undefined references to `input_event' follow
drivers/built-in.o: In function `av7110_ir_init':
(.text+0x2475b7): undefined reference to `input_allocate_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `av7110_ir_init':
(.text+0x247738): undefined reference to `input_register_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `av7110_ir_init':
(.text+0x247748): undefined reference to `input_free_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `av7110_ir_exit':
(.text+0x24780a): undefined reference to `input_unregister_device'

-- 
~Randy