Subject: RE: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm tree

From: Muneendra Kumar M <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 17:45:58 +0530

Hi Stephen,
A small query.
How do I look at the tree where the build is failing.

Regards,
Muneendra.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Rothwell [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 3:02 PM
To: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>; Martin K. Petersen
<[email-masked]>
Cc: Muneendra Kumar <[email-masked]>; Linux Kernel Mailing
List <[email-masked]>; Linux Next Mailing List
<[email-masked]>
Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm tree

Hi all,

After merging the akpm tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

ERROR: modpost: "cgroup_get_e_css" [drivers/nvme/host/nvme-fc.ko]
undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "cgroup_get_e_css" [drivers/block/loop.ko] undefined!

Caused by patch

  kernel/cgroup/cgroup.c: don't export cgroup_get_e_css twice

I am not sure what happened here, but this patch interacts with commit

  6b658c4863c1 ("scsi: cgroup: Add cgroup_get_from_id()")

from the scsi-mkp tree which adds the EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL().

I have reverted that akpm tree patch for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

-- 
This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted 
with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for 
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain 
information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected by privacy 
laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If you are 
not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the 
e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, 
copying, distributing, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of 
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, 
please return the e-mail to the sender, delete it from your computer, and 
destroy any printed copy of it.