Subject: Possible regression after 3935ed6a3a533c1736e3ca65bff72afd1773be27

From: Pat Erley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 00:36:50 -0500

On my 64bit kernel,  some commit after 
3935ed6a3a533c1736e3ca65bff72afd1773be27 seems to have broken 32bit 
compatibility.  I've run the bisection twice, and both pointed to 
0df1ea2b7955d3cb311a549c44ed482452b859ff, but reverting that on HEAD did 
not solve the problem.

Even this simple program:

main(){puts("HELLO");}

compiled with:

gcc -m32 test.c

Will crash with the infinitely unhelpful:

$ ./a.out
Killed

Even strace doesn't point to why it's failing:

$ strace ./a.out
execve("./a.out", ["./a.out"], [/* 73 vars */] <unfinished ...>
+++ killed by SIGKILL +++
Killed

I wasn't sure how to proceed with finding which further commits might be 
causing issues, so I traced it back to the last working.  .config 
available by request.  I'll happily test fixes/further reverts.

Pat Erley