Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the tip tree

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:56:08 -0700

On 03/31/2014 05:26 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> 
> And today from Linus' tree I get these:
> 
> x86_64_allmodconfig:
> 
> arch/x86/crypto/sha1_ssse3_glue.c:43:1: warning:
> 'externally_visible' attribute have effect only on public objects
> [-Wattributes] static asmlinkage void (*sha1_transform_asm)(u32 *,
> const char *, unsigned int); ^ 
> arch/x86/crypto/sha256_ssse3_glue.c:56:1: warning:
> 'externally_visible' attribute have effect only on public objects
> [-Wattributes] static asmlinkage void (*sha256_transform_asm)(const
> char *, u32 *, u64); ^ arch/x86/crypto/sha512_ssse3_glue.c:55:1:
> warning: 'externally_visible' attribute have effect only on public
> objects [-Wattributes] static asmlinkage void
> (*sha512_transform_asm)(const char *, u64 *, u64); ^
> 
> arm_multi_v7_defconfig:
> 
> drivers/irqchip/irq-sun4i.c:39:70: warning: 'externally_visible'
> attribute have effect only on public objects [-Wattributes] 
> drivers/irqchip/irq-sun4i.c:140:1: warning: 'externally_visible'
> attribute have effect only on public objects [-Wattributes] 
> drivers/irqchip/irq-armada-370-xp.c:357:1: warning:
> 'externally_visible' attribute have effect only on public objects
> [-Wattributes] drivers/irqchip/irq-gic.c:283:1: warning:
> 'externally_visible' attribute have effect only on public objects
> [-Wattributes] drivers/irqchip/irq-sirfsoc.c:51:1: warning:
> 'externally_visible' attribute have effect only on public objects
> [-Wattributes] drivers/irqchip/irq-vt8500.c:183:1: warning:
> 'externally_visible' attribute have effect only on public objects
> [-Wattributes]
> 

Please see the tree "[GIT PULL] x86 LTO changes for v3.15".

	-hpa