Subject: Re: linux-next: strange state of the kbuild tree

From: Michal Marek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 10:06:09 +0200

On 2014-04-07 23:47, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Michal,
> 
> I noticed that you have two copies of two commits in your tree ("Kbuild,
> lto: Set TMPDIR for LTO v4" and "Kbuild, lto: Add Link Time Optimization
> support v3").  I understan why you recommitted them (to add your
> Signed-off-by), but to leave the unsigned commits in there sort of
> defeats the purpose.  This is probably a case where you should have
> removed the original merge (or just these two commits) and then merged
> the new version.

Sorry about that.

> I am not sure what you intend to send to Linus, but this whole tree (in
> one piece) should not be it.  From the state of the tree, it looks like
> you send your separate topic branches (or a new merge of them) which
> should be ok, but please after doing that, clean up your for-next branch
> (it current has merge commits dating back to May, 2103 in it).

Right, I send the individual topic branches to Linus. Will it be OK if I
reset the for-next branch to v3.15-rc1 after this merge window?

Thanks,
Michal