Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the gpio tree with Linus' tree

From: Michael Stickel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 17:34:05 +0200

Am 28.05.2014 15:38, schrieb Michael Welling:
> Looking at the Linux next version, I am fairly certian that the following is
> redundant checking:
>                 if (chips < 0) {
>                         dev_err(&spi->dev, "FATAL: invalid negative chip id\n");
>                         goto fail;
>                 }
> 
> The chips variable should equal the number of bits in the spi_present_mask variable.
> Or am I missing something?

Can be left out. Was just a paranoid check, because with the missing
increment in the of path it became negative.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Michael Stickel                Tel.   +49 4321 559 56-29
   mycable GmbH                   Fax    +49 4321 559 56-10
   Gartenstrasse 10
   24534 Neumuenster, Germany     Email [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
   mycable GmbH, Managing Director: Michael Carstens-Behrens
   USt-IdNr: DE 214 231 199, Amtsgericht Kiel, HRB 1797 NM
------------------------------------------------------------------------
   This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
   intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
   they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error,
   please notify the sender and delete all copies from your system.
------------------------------------------------------------------------