Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Oct 8 (media/usb/gspca)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 10:13:39 -0700

On 10/07/14 23:49, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Please do not add any material intended for v3.19 to you linux-next
> included trees until after v3.18-rc1 has been released.
> 
> Changes since 20141007:
> 

I saw these build errors in gspca when CONFIG_INPUT=m but the gspca
sub-drivers are builtin:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `gspca_dev_probe2':
(.text+0x10ef43): undefined reference to `input_allocate_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `gspca_dev_probe2':
(.text+0x10efdd): undefined reference to `input_register_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `gspca_dev_probe2':
(.text+0x10f002): undefined reference to `input_free_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `gspca_dev_probe2':
(.text+0x10f0ac): undefined reference to `input_unregister_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `gspca_disconnect':
(.text+0x10f186): undefined reference to `input_unregister_device'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `sd_int_pkt_scan':
se401.c:(.text+0x11373d): undefined reference to `input_event'
se401.c:(.text+0x11374e): undefined reference to `input_event'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `sd_pkt_scan':
t613.c:(.text+0x119f0e): undefined reference to `input_event'
t613.c:(.text+0x119f1f): undefined reference to `input_event'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `sd_stopN':
t613.c:(.text+0x11a047): undefined reference to `input_event'
drivers/built-in.o:t613.c:(.text+0x11a058): more undefined references to `input_event' follow

These could be fixed in Kconfig by something like (for each sub-driver that tests
CONFIG_INPUT):

	depends on INPUT || INPUT=n

Do you have another preference for fixing this?

thanks,
-- 
~Randy