Subject: regression: OMAP4 (next-20141204) (bisect to: ARM: 8208/1: l2c: Refactor the driver to use commit-like)

From: Nishanth Menon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 10:10:59 -0600

next-20141204 fails to boot, but next-20141203 boots fine with
omap2plus_defconfig.

Panda-ES(4460):
https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20141204/omap2plus_defconfig/pandaboard-es.txt
Panda(4430):
https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20141204/omap2plus_defconfig/pandaboard-vanilla.txt

at the point of hang (JTAG):
 pandaboard-es:
	cpu0: http://slexy.org/view/s2eIFqkRd5
	cpu1: http://slexy.org/view/s2Tysb6gpL

Case #1:
Disabling CPUIDLE allows boot to proceed. there does not seem to have
been any change in drivers/cpuidle and arch/arm/mach-omap2 w.r.t this.

Case #2: Reverting the following allows boot.

>>From next-20141204
10df7d5 ARM: 8211/1: l2c: Add support for overriding prefetch settings
revert this  -> boot still fails

d42ced0 ARM: 8210/1: l2c: Get outer cache .write_sec callback from
mach_desc only if not NULL
revert this  -> boot still fails

46b9af8 ARM: 8209/1: l2c: Add interface to ask hypervisor to configure L2C
revert this  -> boot still fails

c94e325 ARM: 8208/1: l2c: Refactor the driver to use commit-like
revert this  -> boot passed (first bad commit).

-- 
Regards,
Nishanth Menon