Subject: Re: [PATCH linux-next] iommu: Enable LPAE pagetable on ARM only

From: Vincent Stehlé <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 00:36:10 +0100

On 02/23/2015 05:52 PM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
(runtime warning)
> I suppose this is caused by the selftest code ?

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your feedback. You are right, this is the selftest code. Here
are the traces just before the first warnings:

  arm-lpae io-pgtable: selftest: pgsize_bitmap 0x40201000, IAS 32^M
  arm-lpae io-pgtable: selftest: pgsize_bitmap 0x40201000, IAS 36^M
  arm-lpae io-pgtable: selftest: pgsize_bitmap 0x40201000, IAS 40^M

There are a number of failed selftests and warnings, and in the end the
PA-RISC machine won't boot.

..
> How about ARM || COMPILE_TEST ? It can still be useful to compile the module 
> on other architectures.

I think you are right and this is how it should be; thank you for the
tips, I did not know about COMPILE_TEST. I'll resend a patch v2 right away.

Best regards,

V.