Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Nathan Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:57:48 -0500

On 03/30/2015 03:08 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Russell,
> 
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:15:37 +0100 Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> I'll drop the VDSO stuff from the ARM tree; I can't see a way to keep
>> it in my tree and keep my tree buildable without dragging in the tip
>> tree.
> 
> Does it affect your tree on its own?  If not, then it can be fixed when
> merged as I have done, or if you look at the tip tree, all you really
> need to merge is tip timers/core branch (which I am sure the tip guys
> can tell you if it is stable enough) which is about 28 commits ...
> 
>> The ARM VDSO stuff will just have to wait for 4.2 instead.
> 
> If that works for you.

FWIW, Stephen's merge fix is correct and I have run my vdso tests
without problems on OMAP5 with next-20150330.