Subject: Re: next-20150511 / omap2-mcspi: regression for sdp4430 boot

From: Nishanth Menon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:27:08 -0500

On 05/11/2015 12:07 PM, Michael Welling wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 11:50:19AM -0500, Nishanth Menon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> SDP4430 uses a SPI based network chip ks8851.
>>
>> next-20150508:
>> https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20150508/omap2plus_defconfig/sdp4430.txt
>>
>> However, next-20150511:
>> https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20150511/omap2plus_defconfig/sdp4430.txt
>>
> 
> I will look into this but it is going to be difficult to debug with access to the hardware.
> This is what I get for changing a driver that effects so many SoCs.
> 

Let me know if there is any test patch you'd want me to run. The board
is on a remote "board farm" which most of TI folks have access to as
well.. So, if you need anything run, just send out a debug patch OR a
potential fix and we can help try it out and provide logs back for
your debug.

-- 
Regards,
Nishanth Menon