Subject: Build failures in -next due to commit "asm-generic: {get,put}_user ptr argument evaluate only 1 time"

From: Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:56:21 -0700

Hi,

Commit 52b2512d507d ("asm-generic: {get,put}_user ptr argument evaluate only 1 time")
causes the following compile error with various architectures (arc, arcv2, c6x, hexagon,
um, unicore32) in -next.

block/scsi_ioctl.c: In function ‘sg_scsi_ioctl’:
block/scsi_ioctl.c:436:2: error: invalid initializer
   if (get_user(opcode, sic->data))
   ^
make[1]: *** [block/scsi_ioctl.o] Error 1

A possible fix would be to use &sic->data[0] instead, but I am not sure if this change
in semantics of get_user would be acceptable.

Another failure due to the same commit is seen when building arc:axs103_defconfig.

fs/fat/dir.c: In function ‘fat_ioctl_filldir’:
fs/fat/dir.c:752:43: error: invalid initializer
  FAT_IOCTL_FILLDIR_FUNC(fat_ioctl_filldir, __fat_dirent)

This error is related to the put_user changes. No idea how to fix that one.

Guenter