Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the xen-tip tree with the tip tree

From: Boris Ostrovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 09:27:38 -0400

On 08/12/2015 01:09 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the xen-tip tree got a conflict in:
>
>    arch/x86/xen/enlighten.c
>
> between commit:
>
>    9261e050b686 ("x86/asm/tsc, x86/paravirt: Remove read_tsc() and read_tscp() paravirt hooks")
>
> from the tip tree and commit:
>
>    cd6f350a5460 ("xen/PMU: Initialization code for Xen PMU")
>
> from the xen-tip tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
> is required).

Thanks, this looks good.

Incidentally, 11276d53 ("locking/static_keys: Add a new static_key 
interface") breaks old-ish compilers (gcc version 4.4.4 20100503 (Red 
Hat 4.4.4-2) (GCC)):

   CC      arch/x86/kernel/nmi.o
In file included from 
/home/build/linux-boris/include/linux/jump_label.h:109,
                  from 
/home/build/linux-boris/arch/x86/include/asm/spinlock.h:5,
                  from /home/build/linux-boris/include/linux/spinlock.h:88,
                  from /home/build/linux-boris/arch/x86/kernel/nmi.c:14:
/home/build/linux-boris/arch/x86/include/asm/jump_label.h: In function 
‘nmi_handle’:
/home/build/linux-boris/arch/x86/include/asm/jump_label.h:21: warning: 
asm operand 0 probably doesn’t match constraints
/home/build/linux-boris/arch/x86/include/asm/jump_label.h:21: error: 
impossible constraint in ‘asm’
make[3]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/nmi.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [arch/x86/kernel] Error 2
make[1]: *** [arch/x86] Error 2

-boris

>
> -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell [email-masked] diff --cc 
> arch/x86/xen/enlighten.c index d9cfa452da9d,a1c2e46206a9..000000000000 
> --- a/arch/x86/xen/enlighten.c +++ b/arch/x86/xen/enlighten.c @@@ 
> -1215,8 -1179,11 +1219,8 @@@ static const struct pv_cpu_ops xen_cpu_ 
> .read_msr = xen_read_msr_safe, .write_msr = xen_write_msr_safe, - 
> .read_pmc = native_read_pmc, - .read_tsc = native_read_tsc, + 
> .read_pmc = xen_read_pmc, - .read_tscp = native_read_tscp, - .iret = 
> xen_iret, #ifdef CONFIG_X86_64 .usergs_sysret32 = xen_sysret32,