Subject: Re: mmotm 2020-01-28-20-05 uploaded (security/security.c)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 20:52:28 -0800

On 1/28/20 8:06 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> The mm-of-the-moment snapshot 2020-01-28-20-05 has been uploaded to
> 
>    http://www.ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/
> 
> mmotm-readme.txt says
> 
> README for mm-of-the-moment:
> 
> http://www.ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/
> 
> This is a snapshot of my -mm patch queue.  Uploaded at random hopefully
> more than once a week.
> 

security/security.c contains duplicate lines for <lockdown_reasons> array:

/*
 * These are descriptions of the reasons that can be passed to the
 * security_locked_down() LSM hook. Placing this array here allows
 * all security modules to use the same descriptions for auditing
 * purposes.
 */
const char *const lockdown_reasons[LOCKDOWN_CONFIDENTIALITY_MAX+1] = {
	[LOCKDOWN_NONE] = "none",
	[LOCKDOWN_MODULE_SIGNATURE] = "unsigned module loading",
	[LOCKDOWN_DEV_MEM] = "/dev/mem,kmem,port",
	[LOCKDOWN_EFI_TEST] = "/dev/efi_test access",
	[LOCKDOWN_KEXEC] = "kexec of unsigned images",
	[LOCKDOWN_HIBERNATION] = "hibernation",
	[LOCKDOWN_PCI_ACCESS] = "direct PCI access",
	[LOCKDOWN_IOPORT] = "raw io port access",
	[LOCKDOWN_MSR] = "raw MSR access",
	[LOCKDOWN_ACPI_TABLES] = "modifying ACPI tables",
	[LOCKDOWN_PCMCIA_CIS] = "direct PCMCIA CIS storage",
	[LOCKDOWN_TIOCSSERIAL] = "reconfiguration of serial port IO",
	[LOCKDOWN_MODULE_PARAMETERS] = "unsafe module parameters",
	[LOCKDOWN_MMIOTRACE] = "unsafe mmio",
	[LOCKDOWN_DEBUGFS] = "debugfs access",
	[LOCKDOWN_XMON_WR] = "xmon write access",
	[LOCKDOWN_INTEGRITY_MAX] = "integrity",
	[LOCKDOWN_KCORE] = "/proc/kcore access",
	[LOCKDOWN_KPROBES] = "use of kprobes",
	[LOCKDOWN_BPF_READ] = "use of bpf to read kernel RAM",
	[LOCKDOWN_PERF] = "unsafe use of perf",
	[LOCKDOWN_TRACEFS] = "use of tracefs",
	[LOCKDOWN_XMON_RW] = "xmon read and write access",
	[LOCKDOWN_CONFIDENTIALITY_MAX] = "confidentiality",
};

/*
 * These are descriptions of the reasons that can be passed to the
 * security_locked_down() LSM hook. Placing this array here allows
 * all security modules to use the same descriptions for auditing
 * purposes.
 */
const char *const lockdown_reasons[LOCKDOWN_CONFIDENTIALITY_MAX+1] = {
	[LOCKDOWN_NONE] = "none",
	[LOCKDOWN_MODULE_SIGNATURE] = "unsigned module loading",
	[LOCKDOWN_DEV_MEM] = "/dev/mem,kmem,port",
	[LOCKDOWN_EFI_TEST] = "/dev/efi_test access",
	[LOCKDOWN_KEXEC] = "kexec of unsigned images",
	[LOCKDOWN_HIBERNATION] = "hibernation",
	[LOCKDOWN_PCI_ACCESS] = "direct PCI access",
	[LOCKDOWN_IOPORT] = "raw io port access",
	[LOCKDOWN_MSR] = "raw MSR access",
	[LOCKDOWN_ACPI_TABLES] = "modifying ACPI tables",
	[LOCKDOWN_PCMCIA_CIS] = "direct PCMCIA CIS storage",
	[LOCKDOWN_TIOCSSERIAL] = "reconfiguration of serial port IO",
	[LOCKDOWN_MODULE_PARAMETERS] = "unsafe module parameters",
	[LOCKDOWN_MMIOTRACE] = "unsafe mmio",
	[LOCKDOWN_DEBUGFS] = "debugfs access",
	[LOCKDOWN_XMON_WR] = "xmon write access",
	[LOCKDOWN_INTEGRITY_MAX] = "integrity",
	[LOCKDOWN_KCORE] = "/proc/kcore access",
	[LOCKDOWN_KPROBES] = "use of kprobes",
	[LOCKDOWN_BPF_READ] = "use of bpf to read kernel RAM",
	[LOCKDOWN_PERF] = "unsafe use of perf",
	[LOCKDOWN_TRACEFS] = "use of tracefs",
	[LOCKDOWN_XMON_RW] = "xmon read and write access",
	[LOCKDOWN_CONFIDENTIALITY_MAX] = "confidentiality",
};

Stephen, you might delete half of those for linux-next....

-- 
~Randy