Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 8 (kernel/memremap.c, PRINTK, WARN)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 08:32:21 -0800

On 02/07/16 21:17, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> Changes since 20160205:

on x86_64:
when CONFIG_PRINTK is not enabled:

In file included from ../arch/x86/include/asm/bug.h:35:0,
                 from ../include/linux/bug.h:4,
                 from ../include/linux/thread_info.h:11,
                 from ../arch/x86/include/asm/preempt.h:6,
                 from ../include/linux/preempt.h:59,
                 from ../include/linux/radix-tree.h:25,
                 from ../kernel/memremap.c:13:
../kernel/memremap.c: In function 'devm_memremap_pages_release':
../kernel/memremap.c:230:54: error: expected ')' before '__func__'
   dev_WARN(dev, "%s: page mapping is still live!\n", __func__);
                                                      ^
../include/asm-generic/bug.h:74:69: note: in definition of macro '__WARN_printf'
 #define __WARN_printf(arg...) warn_slowpath_fmt(__FILE__, __LINE__, arg)
                                                                     ^
../include/linux/device.h:1300:2: note: in expansion of macro 'WARN'
  WARN(condition, "%s %s: " format,   \
  ^
../kernel/memremap.c:230:3: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_WARN'
   dev_WARN(dev, "%s: page mapping is still live!\n", __func__);
   ^
../kernel/memremap.c:230:54: warning: format '%s' expects a matching 'char *' argument [-Wformat=]
   dev_WARN(dev, "%s: page mapping is still live!\n", __func__);
                                                      ^
../include/asm-generic/bug.h:74:69: note: in definition of macro '__WARN_printf'
 #define __WARN_printf(arg...) warn_slowpath_fmt(__FILE__, __LINE__, arg)
                                                                     ^
../include/linux/device.h:1300:2: note: in expansion of macro 'WARN'
  WARN(condition, "%s %s: " format,   \
  ^
../kernel/memremap.c:230:3: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_WARN'
   dev_WARN(dev, "%s: page mapping is still live!\n", __func__);
   ^
../kernel/memremap.c:230:54: warning: format '%s' expects a matching 'char *' argument [-Wformat=]
   dev_WARN(dev, "%s: page mapping is still live!\n", __func__);
                                                      ^
../include/asm-generic/bug.h:74:69: note: in definition of macro '__WARN_printf'
 #define __WARN_printf(arg...) warn_slowpath_fmt(__FILE__, __LINE__, arg)
                                                                     ^
../include/linux/device.h:1300:2: note: in expansion of macro 'WARN'
  WARN(condition, "%s %s: " format,   \
  ^
../kernel/memremap.c:230:3: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_WARN'
   dev_WARN(dev, "%s: page mapping is still live!\n", __func__);
   ^
../scripts/Makefile.build:258: recipe for target 'kernel/memremap.o' failed

Full randconfig file is attached.

-- 
~Randy