Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Mar 14

From: James Morse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:51:51 +0000

Hi Guenter,

On 14/03/16 14:37, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> To give people an idea what to expect in the merge window, here are my current
> build and runtime test results. Some of the runtime failures are due to the
> newly introduced i2c bug, but many (including the arm64 boot failures) have
> been around for a while.

> Qemu test results:
> 	total: 96 pass: 69 fail: 27
> Failed tests:

> 	arm64:smp:defconfig

This may be due to this qemu bug: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/585237/

> 	arm64:nosmp:defconfig

Since 4b3dc9679cf7 ("arm64: force CONFIG_SMP=y and remove redundant #ifdefs"),
this may just be testing the smp case again - unless your qemu config is
different too.

> Details are available at http://kerneltests.org/builders.

Thanks - this looks like a mine of information!

James