Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] efi_enabled(EFI_PARAVIRT) use

From: Shannon Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 17:13:52 +0800

On 2016/4/30 22:14, Shannon Zhao wrote:
>> I already proposed when this patch was first under review to make the
>> > arm_enable_runtime_services() function bail early without error if the
>> > EFI_RUNTIME_SERVICES flag is already set, and the xen code could set
>> > that bit as well when it installs its paravirtualized alternatives. I
>> > don't remember exactly why that was shot down, though, but I think it
>> > is the only reason this code introduces references to EFI_PARAVIRT in
>> > the first place.
>> > 
> Yes, in this patch we could set EFI_RUNTIME_SERVICES flag in
> fdt_find_hyper_node instead of setting EFI_PARAVIRT flag, and then bail
> out early in arm_enable_runtime_services() as you said. Then call
> xen_efi_runtime_setup() in xen_guest_init().

Hi Ard,

If it sets EFI_RUNTIME_SERVICES flag in fdt_find_hyper_node and in
arm_enable_runtime_services() it checks whether it's a Dom0 through
xen_init_domain() and the EFI_RUNTIME_SERVICES flag is set, then call
xen_efi_runtime_setup(). Is it ok?

Thanks,
-- 
Shannon