Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rdma tree

From: Doug Ledford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 13:15:42 -0400

On 9/27/16 9:39 AM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 03:48:20PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Yeah, sorry.  Note, however, that you bothered to fix up this same
>> staging file in another of your patches ...
> 
> It's generally not that I don't fix them up because I hate them, it's
> just because they are doing something so incredibly stupid that it would
> take forever to fix up (and something that would have been could if it
> ever had been through review).   For this particular case I think everyone
> would be served much better if this module was simply dropped from the
> tree, as there will be lots of future patches that will break it.
> 

I don't know that I would drop them, but certainly turn them off.  They
can keep their driver up to date.

-- 
Doug Ledford <[email-masked]>    GPG Key ID: 0E572FDD
  Red Hat, Inc.
  100 E. Davie St
  Raleigh, NC 27601 USA