Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the slave-dma tree

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:07:51 +0200

On Thursday 15 October 2015 14:51:42 Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Vinod,
> 
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 03:35:42 +0000 "Koul, Vinod" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > So should I ask Linus to apply this fix once merge window opens or you will send
> > this, how do we go about fixing this one 
> > 
> > Or should I merge the above commit from asm-generic tree?
> 
> Up to you.  Though you should only merge fro mthe asm-generic tree if
> the maintainer guarantees it will not be rebased.
> 
> You could just wait and tell Linus that this fixup is needed when the
> two trees are merged.  It really need to go into the merge commit to
> avoid bisection problems.
> 

I've added a workaround to the asm-generic tree, no need to worry about
it for now. We can change over the remaining users of
asm-generic/io-64-nonatomic-lo-hi.h for the following merge window and
then remove the wrapper.

	Arnd