Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the cgroup tree with the kvm tree

From: Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 13:56:21 +0200

On 22/04/21 13:48, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hello, Paolo.
> 
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 08:34:15AM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Tejun, please don't commit patches to other tree without an Acked-by from
>> the maintainer (which I wouldn't have provided, as the right way to go would
>> have been a topic branch).
> 
> My apologies, for some reason, I was incorrectly assuming it was all dandy
> on the kvm side.

It was, just full of conflicts. :)  It's only a process thing and not a 
problem with the code.

>> Fortunately these patches are at the bottom of your tree.  If it's okay,
>> I'll just pull from there "as if" you had provided a topic branch all the
>> time.
> 
> I'd be happy with however you wanna resolve it. Please let me know if
> there's anything I can do to help.

Great, I've pulled from your tree then.  Stephen, that will also fix the 
conflicts with Linus's tree, since Tejun's merge base was newer than mine.

Paolo