Subject: [RT2X00] Linux-next tree next-20090725 and 20090727 FTBFS

From: Ken Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:35:51 +0100

I have build errors with RT2X00 when building rt2500pci.

Kernel: arch/x86/boot/bzImage is ready  (#1)
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 12 modules
ERROR: "rt2x00mac_set_tim" [drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2500pci.ko] undefined!
make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make: *** [modules] Error 2

rt2x00mac_set_tim is used in rt2500pci.c and declared in rt2x00mac.c
within a section #IFDEF'd for CONFIG_RT2X00_LIB_CRYPTO.  I can get the
kernel modules to build -- the error reports a missing symbol due to
the definition of rt2x00mac_set_tim being IFDEFfed out, and excluding
rt2x00mac_set_tim builds the module successfully -- but can't confirm
whether it works due to a quirk of KDE, NetworkManager and my Linksys
router not cooperating.

In terms of the right fix: should rt2500pci depend (in KConfig) on
CONFIG_RT2X00_LIB_CRYPTO, or should rt2x00mac_set_tim be outside the
IFDEF?

I'll attach my .config file in case it's relevant.

Take care.
Ken Lewis