Subject: Re: [next-20091231] linux-next builds fine, but panics at runtime

From: Ken Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:35:20 +0000

2010/1/12 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>:
> Hi Ken,
>
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:28:41 +0000 Ken Lewis <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm havng some problems testing linux-next at the moment.  I'm able to
>> build each release but the kernel panics at boot.  The problem's been
>> about since the start of December and I haven't managed to find what
>> portion of my .config and the loophole in the build system that allow
>> this to happen.  Can anyone else help me?
>>
> Have you tried building and booting (with the same config) just the
> version of Linus' kernel that those next- kernel's were built on?  (Just
> as a sanity check)  For next-20091231, Linus' kernel was commit
> 05a625486efc3209ae4d98e253dafa6ce0124385 (for example).

Linus' tree has built fine and works all the way through.  I'll try
copying the config across and using it.  BTW next-20100111 built but
panics on boot.

Thanks,
K3n