Subject: Re: linux-next: trees being removed

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2025 12:53:29 +0100

On 15/12/2025 08:41, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> The following trees are going to be removed from linux-next because they
> have not been updated in more than a year.  If you want a tree kept,
> please just reply and let me know (and update its branch).  If you want
> a tree restored after it has been removed, just let me know (and update
> its branch).
> 
> Tree			Last commit date
>   URL
>   comits (if any)
> ----			----------------
> accel			2024-05-03 11:00:53 +1000
>   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ogabbay/linux.git#habanalabs-next

+Cc few DRM addresses,

Shall we make DRM accel subsystem orphaned in this case? This tree is
still mentioned in "DRM COMPUTE ACCELERATORS DRIVERS AND FRAMEWORK"
maintainers entry, but if no work is happening, no updates to Git repo,
then does that mean project is effectively dead now?

To be fair, the patches are still posted [1] but if nothing is picked up
to the repo then maybe new maintainers are needed? Or repo did move to
other place silently?

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/?q=dfn%3Adrivers%2Faccel%2F

Best regards,
Krzysztof