Subject: kernelci.org transitioning to functional testing

From: Guillaume Tucker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 12:13:24 +0100

As kernelci.org is expanding its functional testing
capabilities, the concept of boot testing is now being
deprecated.

Next Monday 18th May, the web dashboard on https://kernelci.org
will be updated to primarily show functional test results
rather than boot results.  The Boots tab will still be
available until 5th June to ease the transition.

The new equivalent to boot testing is the *baseline* test suite
which also runs sanity checks using dmesg and bootrr[1].

Boot email reports will eventually be replaced with baseline
reports.  For those of you already familiar with the test email
reports, they will be simplified to only show regressions with
links to the dashboard for all the details.

Some functional tests are already being run by kernelci.org,
results have only been shared by email so far but they will
become visible on the web dashboard next week.  In particular:
v4l2-compliance, i-g-t for DRM/KMS and Panfrost,
suspend/resume...

And of course, a lot of functional test suites are in the
process of being added: kselftest, KUnit, LTP, xfstests,
extended i-g-t coverage and many more.

The detailed schedule is available on a GitHub issue[2].

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or
concerns either in this thread, on [email-masked] or IRC
#kernelci on Freenode.

Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Guillaume

[1] bootrr: https://github.com/kernelci/bootrr
[2] schedule: https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-backend/issues/238