Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 28 (platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 11:05:09 -0700

On 5/27/19 9:58 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> Changes since 20190524:

on x86, there are some issues with drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.c:

a. when CONFIG_SPI is not set/enabled:

WARNING: unmet direct dependencies detected for SPI_SLAVE
  Depends on [n]: SPI [=n]
  Selected by [y]:
  - OLPC_XO175_EC [=y] && (ARCH_MMP || COMPILE_TEST [=y])

ld: drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.o: in function `olpc_xo175_ec_remove':
olpc-xo175-ec.c:(.text+0x79): undefined reference to `spi_slave_abort'
ld: drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.o: in function `olpc_xo175_ec_send_command':
olpc-xo175-ec.c:(.text+0x24d): undefined reference to `spi_async'
ld: drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.o: in function `olpc_xo175_ec_cmd':
olpc-xo175-ec.c:(.text+0xb3c): undefined reference to `spi_slave_abort'
ld: drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.o: in function `olpc_xo175_ec_spi_driver_init':
olpc-xo175-ec.c:(.init.text+0xa): undefined reference to `__spi_register_driver'

b. when CONFIG_INPUT is not set/enabled:

ERROR: "input_register_device" [drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "input_set_capability" [drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "devm_input_allocate_device" [drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "input_event" [drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.ko] undefined!

c. when some power mgt. Kconfig symbol is not set/enabled:

ERROR: "power_supply_put" [drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "power_supply_changed" [drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "power_supply_get_by_name" [drivers/platform/olpc/olpc-xo175-ec.ko] undefined!

d. drivers/platform/olpc/Kconfig needs to use "menuconfig" like all of the other
   Kconfig files in drivers/platform/ so that its menu is listed in the correct
   place in *config interfaces.

:(

-- 
~Randy