Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Sep 28 (mm/memory-failure.c)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 22:21:29 -0700

On 9/28/22 12:26, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hi all,
> Changes since 20220927:

on i386 or x86_64, when
CONFIG_MEMORY_FAILURE=y and CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG is not set,
because drivers/base/memory.c is not built at all:

ld: mm/memory-failure.o: in function `num_poisoned_pages_inc':
mm/memory-failure.c:80: undefined reference to `memblk_nr_poison_inc'
ld: mm/memory-failure.c:80: undefined reference to `memblk_nr_poison_inc'
ld: mm/memory-failure.c:80: undefined reference to `memblk_nr_poison_inc'
ld: mm/memory-failure.c:80: undefined reference to `memblk_nr_poison_inc'
ld: mm/memory-failure.c:80: undefined reference to `memblk_nr_poison_inc'
ld: mm/memory-failure.o:mm/memory-failure.c:80: more undefined references to `memblk_nr_poison_inc' follow
ld: mm/memory-failure.o: in function `num_poisoned_pages_sub':
mm/memory-failure.c:87: undefined reference to `memblk_nr_poison_sub'

Full randconfig file is attached (for x86_64).

-- 
~Randy