Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the scsi-mkp tree

From: John Garry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 12:41:57 +0100

On 18/08/2021 04:07, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On 8/17/21 2:51 AM, John Garry wrote:
>> sorry... I only built x86 and arm64 allmodconfig. Let me check this.
> Build testing for tree-wide changes is tricky. You may want to use a
> build bot for such testing. From
> https://01.org/lkp/documentation/0-day-test-service:
> 
> Q: Which git tree and which mailing list will be tested? How can I
> opt-in or opt-out from it?
> 
> A: 0-Day monitors hundreds of git trees and tens of mailing lists. You
> can obtain detailed tree and mailing list information from the source
> code under the lkp-tests/repo directory. If you want to add or remove
> your tree from the 0-Day test system, send an email to the LKML,
> specifying your git tree URL.

Thanks for the info! Quite useful.

Unfortunately there is code which has internal build switches - like 
qla1280.c and DEBUG_QLA1280, which Martin mentioned - so harder to spot. 
I suppose that's the risk with internal build switches.

Thanks again,
John