Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Apr 9 (drivers/iommu/intel/pasid.c)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:50:18 -0700

On 4/9/21 4:51 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Changes since 20210408:
> 
> New trees: iio, iio-fixes
> 

on ia64: (not X86)

(from a 01.org kernel config file)

../drivers/iommu/intel/pasid.c: In function 'pasid_enable_wpe':
../drivers/iommu/intel/pasid.c:554:22: error: implicit declaration of function 'read_cr0' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  554 |  unsigned long cr0 = read_cr0();
      |                      ^~~~~~~~
In file included from ../include/linux/build_bug.h:5,
                 from ../include/linux/bits.h:22,
                 from ../include/linux/bitops.h:6,
                 from ../drivers/iommu/intel/pasid.c:12:
../drivers/iommu/intel/pasid.c:557:23: error: 'X86_CR0_WP' undeclared (first use in this function)
  557 |  if (unlikely(!(cr0 & X86_CR0_WP))) {
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~
../include/linux/compiler.h:78:42: note: in definition of macro 'unlikely'
   78 | # define unlikely(x) __builtin_expect(!!(x), 0)
      |                                          ^
../drivers/iommu/intel/pasid.c:557:23: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
  557 |  if (unlikely(!(cr0 & X86_CR0_WP))) {
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~
../include/linux/compiler.h:78:42: note: in definition of macro 'unlikely'
   78 | # define unlikely(x) __builtin_expect(!!(x), 0)
      |                                          ^

-- 
~Randy
Reported-by: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>