Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jul 18 (drivers/video/fbdev/ps3fb.c)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 22:24:21 -0700

Hi Thomas,

On 7/17/23 20:57, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> Changes since 20230717:

I'm still seeing build errors on PPC64 for ps3fb.c:

In file included from ../include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from ../arch/powerpc/include/asm/io.h:22,
                 from ../include/linux/io.h:13,
                 from ../include/linux/irq.h:20,
                 from ../arch/powerpc/include/asm/hardirq.h:6,
                 from ../include/linux/hardirq.h:11,
                 from ../include/linux/interrupt.h:11,
                 from ../drivers/video/fbdev/ps3fb.c:25:
../drivers/video/fbdev/ps3fb.c: In function 'ps3fb_probe':
../drivers/video/fbdev/ps3fb.c:1172:40: error: 'struct fb_info' has no member named 'dev'
 1172 |                  dev_driver_string(info->dev), dev_name(info->dev),
      |                                        ^~
../include/linux/dev_printk.h:110:37: note: in definition of macro 'dev_printk_index_wrap'
  110 |                 _p_func(dev, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__);                       \
      |                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~
../drivers/video/fbdev/ps3fb.c:1171:9: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_info'
 1171 |         dev_info(info->device, "%s %s, using %u KiB of video memory\n",
      |         ^~~~~~~~
../drivers/video/fbdev/ps3fb.c:1172:61: error: 'struct fb_info' has no member named 'dev'
 1172 |                  dev_driver_string(info->dev), dev_name(info->dev),
      |                                                             ^~
../include/linux/dev_printk.h:110:37: note: in definition of macro 'dev_printk_index_wrap'
  110 |                 _p_func(dev, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__);                       \
      |                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~
../drivers/video/fbdev/ps3fb.c:1171:9: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_info'
 1171 |         dev_info(info->device, "%s %s, using %u KiB of video memory\n",
      |         ^~~~~~~~

-- 
~Randy