Subject: Re: next-20151126 build: 3 failures 15 warnings (next-20151126)

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 20:34:20 +0200

Mark Brown <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 06:58:32PM +0200, Kalle Valo wrote:
>> Mark Brown <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> > No, I didn't make much effort to check though since the use of ifdef was
>> > clearly a bug waiting to happen anyway, I was more surprised it worked
>> > at all than anything.
>
>> Michal Marek explains[1] that this is due to commit cf4f21938e13
>> ("kbuild: Allow to specify composite modules with modname-m") and has
>> nothing to do with the wireless drivers reorganisation. I'll drop this
>> patch as Michal will apply his fix to the kbuild tree.
>
> It still ought to be fixed regardless of why it showed up - the
> intention of the code is that we build the real thermal code regardless
> of if that's modular or not but that's not what the code actually does.

Like I said above Michal will apply a fix to his tree. Read the full
discussion from patchwork:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7707801/

-- 
Kalle Valo